Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thing 2

2.O was overwhelming to me!!!! I like technology but love to hold a book in my hand. My frustration with all of this is the lack of technology at the high school. Some of my best and brightest DO NOT have computer access at home and Smithville is a rural school in that so many do not have cars and ride buses. I already use as much as I can in the classroom by means of my Smartboard. However, individual student usage of computers is difficult because they are simply not availible.
I like that fact that its more than looking up information. Its more of analyzing the information out there and then synthesing the information.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that a lack of hardware, or access to hardware can make using Web 2.0 tools difficult. I believe, however, that interactive, productive tools like these are changing the way people think, work, and collaborate, and we owe it to our students to help prepare them for that.

    As you pointed out, Web 2.0 tools do have the potential to challenge students to think critically and respond thoughtfully to others; however, that type of thought is not inherent in the tools themselves. That's why we, as teachers, have to use such tools to enhance student learning. We have to continue to be curriculum and instruction specialists, and we have to integrate technology in a meaningful way.

    Good response; Thing 2 complete.

    ReplyDelete